NH/Maine people- need a laugh- your local comic

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hoppy, Nov 12, 2010.

1. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    here is juston mckinney, maine's own comic skit about NH

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Haven't even clicked the link, but I know exactly what it is. That guy is funny. I had his Me/NH skit on my Facebook for a while. I grew up right near the border and it was so true about staring across the bridge at the NH people. He's a riot.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    OMG! That was the best! Hubby and i are cracking up! We always go "over the border" to NH too... [​IMG]

4. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I remember a few years back when I lost sanity and moved to MA for a while, I went into a grocery store and was looking EVERYWHERE for the wine. Finally I asked and she looked at me like I was crazy and told me I need to get that at a "package store". Package store??? I'm like, "Lady, I need WINE, not UPS".[​IMG]

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I remember a few years back when I lost sanity and moved to MA for a while, I went into a grocery store and was looking EVERYWHERE for the wine. Finally I asked and she looked at me like I was crazy and told me I need to get that at a "package store". Package store??? I'm like, "Lady, I need WINE, not UPS".[​IMG]

I know... Mass sucks.. [​IMG]
    I'm a state rebel..i dont wear my seat belt.. [​IMG]

6. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:Haven't even clicked the link, but I know exactly what it is. That guy is funny. I had his Me/NH skit on my Facebook for a while. I grew up right near the border and it was so true about staring across the bridge at the NH people. He's a riot.

I used to live on the border too but of NH/VT.

7. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire

I know... Mass sucks.. [​IMG]
    I'm a state rebel..i dont wear my seat belt.. [​IMG]

Well, it's just like the guy says, come on over, pay your "cover charge" and let's live free or die!

When I first moved to MA, half the stuff my ex told me I literally did not believe. He told me horror stories about the DMV (or RMV, or whatever the heck they call it there) and I seriously thought he was exaggerating. Then I went to Brockton to renew my license. OMG, I could not believe my eyes! [​IMG] People literally camped out on the floor, fatigued, swearing, screaming babies, about 400 people, old people keeling over from lack of stamina, and like 5 employees VERY casually wandering around with Dunkin Donuts coffees in their hand and blank faces like nothing was abnormal. I was there for 3 1/2 hours, gave up, returned the next day where I waited another 3 hours. I've never seen ANYTHING like it.

I think it may have been that experience alone that made me start plotting a break up with my boyfriend so I could move away! [​IMG]

8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yup..the registry is indeed a scary place in Mass..
    We had to renew this year... it was hours in line...
    And the registry is in the city... imagine it... surrounded by all of Mass's finest ghetto rats. Standing RIGHT beside you.. for hours...
    I swear if they didnt call my number when they did..i'd probably still be in jail right now...

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm seems like maybe the saying outta be Live Free and/or Die....

DH says "If we have to move to the North East, THAT'S where we're going." [​IMG]

10. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    and to register your car, NH, $25/yr, maine- well that's another story, $20 for the plate, $3 agent fee and then how MUCH excise tax- you've got to be kidding me is what I said the first time I registered my car in maine. forget buying a new car in maine- if the sales tax didn't kill ya, then the excise tax will eat you up that first yr. and god forbid you buy the car out of state, you then have to pay maine's 5% sale tax because they didn't nail you in tax free NH for it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by