Apr 15, 2008
New Hampshire
Hardscrabble hill feed and garden
369 rte 125
Barrington, NH

Sat. Sept 12
8- noon

BBQ, FAMILY FUN. EVERYONE WELCOME!!
THERE IS A SET UP FEE IMPOSED BY THE OWNER OF THE STORE FOR THIS SWAP.

***$5.00 SET UP FEE****

Chickn wrote;

"looking for your thoughts on this location, fee's etc, come here to talk about it. also, do you think i should start threads for all the sept swaps now or wait til the week before they are scheduled?"

Well, I was going to go to this one, but then I heard that tilton TSC was on the same day.... They are a bit closer to me, free to set up, I have had good luck at that location, and they are up the road from a dairy queen. Since I am going to have to pick one location for the day, I think I will choose the tilton. I will be going to the sunday one as well, depending on if I have any birds left.

I think it would be easier to keep all the upcomming swaps straight if you start a thread for each swap the week before, too much info at once overloads my blonde cells.

I Appreciate you starting the threads, and sending out all the info like you do tho, when ever you send it! Thanks again for the d'Uccle rooster today too, he is a sweetie!

A~

tilton is on the same day? how did i not know that?? do they seem to have a set schedule at this point does anyone know??

so that means 2 on the 12th and 2 on the 13th??? i hate that that happened, i had no clue

I dont know about any schedules, except what you post, I just heard about it yesterday at the merrimack swap. What is the second one on the 13th? I know there is also the big one in Westford for the 20th. I dont know if that is on your schedule, I dont have it in front of me.

Have you noticed that there is a little dot in front of this thread when viewed on the index, and if you dont have a link for it, it is HARD to find?

Why is that?
A~

Quote:
NO!
Westford is the 13th
Milford is on the 20th.

With so many posts for the same swaps its getting VERY hard to keep up with whats going on, lets NOT start another one untill these all get done or 1 week before a schedualed event.
quit making my head spin trying to keep up with it all.

Last edited:
Quote:
Wendy, I am fairly sure Tilton schedules their swaps for the 2nd Saturday of the month. You would have to call to be sure. I am also going to Tilton only because it is infinitely closer to me, 1/2 hr vs, 1 1/2 hr.s. Good luck to all going to Barrington.
smile.png

frow.gif
Hi just called tilton and jen is right they do 2nd sat' of the month started a thread for tilton and its also on new hamshaire chickin swaps listings thread
celebrate.gif

Quote:
I asked a manager at TSC a few swaps back this same question and I was told All the TSC stores have set days, they have set days for the swaps and the Farmers markets.....the corporate office told them that all the TSC need to work together so as not to schedule the swaps on the same days so no issues with them but adding new locations causes double swaps on teh same days.

Quote:
I asked a manager at TSC a few swaps back this same question and I was told All the TSC stores have set days, they have set days for the swaps and the Farmers markets.....the corporate office told them that all the TSC need to work together so as not to schedule the swaps on the same days so no issues with them but adding new locations causes double swaps on teh same days.

frow.gif
I was told the same thing from ken in milford and dan and cathy in chichester. I think we should stay loyal to TRACTOR SUPPLY Stores including tilton on their set days for swaps and only add 1 extra sunday swap a month to an outside grain store! that way we don't get burnt out from having too many every weekend . In my opinion, we are saturiting the market. If swaps are on opposite sides of the state that is fine. If there are 2 consecutive swaps on a weekend not that far from each other, venders and customers will possibly pick one or the other. this will greatly reduce foot traffic. If the stores do not see an increase in sales they could discontinue swaps. all attending will be less impressed if the swaps continue to have a low trun out.

Back
Top Bottom