nice blue Doz + Ameraucana eggs from BBS pen

cottagegarden

Eggistentialist
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
SE PA
Ameraucanas are from ABC members, blue roo over blue and black hens. Parents selected and bred to APA Standard. Parents have been shown and placed well.
Heavy hatching on the blue and splash, colors from med laced, to very light, to dark as blues can run. Hens lay great blue color, offspring of pen has produced all blue layers that I have grown out to laying, though it is always possible for recessive genes to throw a green one. As it is possible for traits not meeting the standard to pop up, Ameraucana is a new breeder and it is important to put the best ones in your breeding pen. Egg color can fade towards end of cycle, diet, or temperature. Right now they are a lovely blue and despite the fact they are fun to color, these are better hatched than in my fridge. They are laying like gangbusters and the bator is full.
Eggs collected Sat, Sun, Monday for Tue shipping pls pay promptly to do that.
Storage, fertility, hatching is good, shipping careful...individual results may vary for you.
A pretty basket is why we got chickens, the kids love to see what is there day to day. Happy Spring BYC friends!!

Few more pics
DSC_7732.jpg

DSC_6636-1.jpg
doz eggs
DSC_7756-1.jpg
Amer eggs, plate is BBS pen, dish and one is front is offspring from pen
DSC_1452.jpg
black Ameraucana hen
DSC_7591.jpg
splash pullet and egg laid
DSC_7812.jpg
chicks
DSC_6621.jpg
colorful egg basket top Olive Egger, Olive Egger, straight combed olive egger, 2 Cuckoo Marans
EE, and range of Amer blue eggs

Last edited:
Quote:
droolin.gif
I was drooling last time too:) so beautiful...

Thank you..but in all due affection...
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... I can bring you chicks to the Chickenstock (0:
out of context perchance no one would understand our love of funnin"

Quote:
I will add a current pic for you, but they are Henry's babes over Paul Smith gals.

Those are beatiful eggs, what kind of chicken laid the brown spotted and green spotted eggs? I think I may need some of those in my flock.

Quote:
Those are Cuckoo Marans, and the Olive eggs are from a cross of them and the Amers. The speckles come and go depending on the day,
i could add either to this auction do half and half of some assortment.

Quote:
droolin.gif
I was drooling last time too:) so beautiful...

Thank you..but in all due affection...
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... I can bring you chicks to the Chickenstock (0:
out of context perchance no one would understand our love of funnin"

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom