...and I just don't know what to do with them! Here's the deal: I started collecting eggs to incubate late last week. I was all fired up to get the incubator going...well, the girls decided that they didn't want to lay all too well yet (too cold, I guess!) so it's taken me nearly a week now to get just 5 eggs (hoping to make it 6 here shortly!). I'd go ahead and wait 'till I got maybe one more and set them, except I'm on the waiting list for eggs from a breeder and he said that it's possible he'll have my eggs ready for me late February/early March. So my dilemma is--I don't want to set a half dozen of my own eggs and risk my order coming in with eggs mid-cycle in the 'bator, but they are nice eggs and I just can't bear to toss them! My whole point to this ramble is--any of you hatch-a-holics willing to take a chance on these eggs if I give them to you? As in, free eggs--though I will ask you for the shipping costs. You would be taking a chance--not only with shipped eggs in general, as we all know the risks there--but the oldest of these eggs will be over a week old when they get to you. I also have not checked fertility, as I haven't incubated anything yet this year (my girls just started laying again a few weeks ago), but I have seen my rooster doing his job. However, if you do hatch any, this would be a great deal (I'm certainly not gonna offer up any free hatching eggs again anytime soon )and a good chance to get some nice birds. My breeding trio is from some of the nicest lines in the country. All of my birds are bred to the French standard and have feathered legs. I have gotten eggs of a consistently nice color from these hens--my avatar is eggs of theirs from last year--and I would say the eggs I have sitting on my counter are around a 5 on the scale. Below is a pic of the actual eggs looking for a home (the pic looks lighter to me; in "real life" they look more like the eggs in my avatar) And here's a pic of the rooster and one of the hens: The only other stipulation I have, besides paying the shipping costs, is that you keep me informed and let me know how they survive the shipping and how many hatch! I'm in MD and I would think, seeing as these eggs are only getting older, that they would be best to go to someone closer to me. If you're on the west coast it might not be worth the trouble.