Nice show in Dalton GA today

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jimnjay, Mar 14, 2009.

1. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I have been to this show in the past and found there to be very few breeds beside Dutch and OEGB. Today they had around 30 Silkies and the Splash hen that won BB and BV was just awesome. There were many other nice birds as well. Cochins were well represented and there were some really nice New Hampshires as well as Barred Rocks. This is an all bantam show so of course the birds mentioned were bantams

It was exciting to see some really nice breeds.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That show is the only one I've ever been to and I think last year, they had maybe one Silkie! I really wanted to see Buff Brahma bantams, but there were none--what about this year, Jaynie?

3. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

I would have been at that one if I had known about it.
    I have a bantam White Faced Black Spanish cockerel I want to show. And my buddy who goes to all the shows with me has some astonishing Golden Duckwing Phoenix bantams.

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Yes Cyn, they had Buff Brahmas in both the open and junior class. They had so many more breeds than I have seen at that show. It was really nice to see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by