Nice to meet you

lizzbitt

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2017
Southern Louisiana
Hello,
My name is Lizzy and I've been raising chickens for only a few years. My oldeat girls are about 3 years, but I have some younger girls as well. Right now I have around 28 chickens (we have a Roo as well)
As for breeds, I'm most familiar with and have mostly Black Copper Marans (I adore their gorgeous big chocolate Brown eggs) , but also have 2 Black Stars, 1 Barred Rock (Barbara), 5 Golden Laced Wyandottes (Winnibego is 2 and we have 4 younger girls - the Polka Dots) , 5 Americanas (my Eagle Scouts) , 1 Speckled Sussex (Speckled Trout) & 1 Production Red (Red- she is a precious litter bird) (both juveniles) & a strange white, small, feathered leg girl who is an egg laying machine of unknown origin & ago whom we simply call Whitey
-I found this community while searching for an answer for a problem I've been having in my flock. Really hoping to find answers here!!
-Along with chickens (as if there's anything else! Lol) I'm interested in gardening, photography, music, reading & writing .
My chicken experience has become WAY more than I ever thought it would be.... I adore my girls and find a sense of serenity and zen when in their presence. They are a joy to watch grow and to care for, and they make me laugh everyday!! Yay Chickens!!
-Lizzy :frow

Welcome to BYC! You mentioned you like photography. I find it's easiest to photograph chickens in a room that they've never been in. If they don't know where they are, they can't be stubborn about where they want to be.

Hello Lizzy and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Welcome aboard! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:
Get settled in and share some pics of your flock!

Back
Top Bottom