nice to meet you!

AviaryAmor

Hatching
May 24, 2015
I decided to make an account because even though my family and I have been raising chickens for decades, we-- I am quite new to raising Turkeys from poults to adults! I am also not raising them traditionally. They are being raised inside my room with it's entirety for space to roam. They are actually asleep right now next to me and under my blankets.
[/IMG]

These are two pictures of them so far :)

Last edited:
How old are they? Do you just have the two of them? There are a lot of ways to raise poultry, I would just think they are going to make quite a mess of your bed and room. I've heard turkeys can be quite friendly like dogs, so I would imagine they can make great pets. Do they need supplemental heat like young chicks? Welcome to Backyard
chickens, glad you joined the flock.

You are completely right, drumstick diva! They are very messy critters and I find myself vacuuming my room twice a day! I got them about a week ago in which they were just 3 days old and they do need to be kept warm with a heating lamp when I'm not home. Otherwise, they sleep comfortably under my blankets. They are very loving and kind! And yes, only two of them.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

It will be interesting to see how you manage house Turkeys as they grow. The do look quite happy. Good luck with your new adventure.

welcome-byc.gif

We're glad you decided to join Backyard Chickens!
frow.gif

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
yippiechickie.gif

Your poults are so cute! I love turkeys, they are so friendly and good natured!

Back
Top Bottom