1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nicorette Gum Experience?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by suzettex5, Nov 20, 2010.

1. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Anybody quit smoking using Nicorette gum?

Did you have any side effects?

I'm thinking it just replaces one habit with another. And wont you still be hooked on the nicoteen?

Is there a gum to get you weaned off the nicorette, or how does it work once youre done chewing the gum? Did you feel less cravings?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  2. spm217

spm217 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    SE Pennsylvania
    I quit smoking six years ago with nicorette gum. Yes, it is addicting, I chewed the gum for almost two years. After a lot of dental work I finally gave up the gum and did not go back to smoking. Guess it is the lesser of two evils, better for you than smoking, but yes, just as addictive.

3. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    A little late, but I've used the gum, and for me, it burns the heck out of my throat and gave me horrid heartburn! LOL!

I've used the patches successfully before....well as successfully as you can call a one year+ quit. Keep coming back to the darn things. Sigh.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Best to just quit everything when you have 3 days that you don't have to do anything important. Lollipops and sunflower seeds helped me the most.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by