Nifty....any chance

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by amyquilt, Nov 14, 2008.

1. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Any chance we could have the code turned on in the siggys?? That way, members could put their store banner, swap buttons, etc in their siggys.

Just a thought....I know it takes up space and bandwidth, though. Maybe anyone that wants to do that could pay a yearly fee??

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Images in signature lines are not allowed. Some people abuse the privilege and ruin it for everyone else. The images are often far too oversized, flashing, blinking, destracting and highly annoying. Only the BCY smilies can go in the signature line. Over use of those results in removal of them as well.

3. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Oh, I know, we aren't supposed to question but....couldn't there be an approval process? I wanted to put my one little beloved teacup smiley in my sig and found I couldn't - why are the majority of good posters being punished due to the abuse of a few? I know, I know, I shouldn't ask but this just irks me. Sorry, I'll be good from now on, I promise!

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

If there was a way to control the approval process and make it so it wasn't a problem with thousands of people changing them all the time we might think about it.

Honestly, there have been requests to remove the ability to have smileys in sigs and also to completely remove signatures all together. We've pushed back on this since sigs are a part of the forum community and help us get to know one another better.

So, that being the case, we'll leave the ability to have sigs and to put smileys in them (in moderation) but we won't be allowing images in sigs.

We appreciate the suggestions and ideas (even if we can't make the change) and hope you guys will keep the wheels turning. The member feedback is what helps us to make the site better all the time!

5. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:[​IMG] i love my sig.

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I understand, just figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by