Nifty, I've made a mess on 'My Page'

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ...and can't fix it.
    Down at the bottom, I've managed to turn everything into a hot link to the jap chick pic that I was trying to change.
    Can you fix the code or should I delete that whole mess and start again?
    Many many thanks!

Lisa

2. davecash

davecash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    kaintucky
    I dont know, Lisa, but I dont know where else to ask you, so, do you have any naked neck fertile eggs for sale?

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Try to select all the linked text and click the "unlink" button: [​IMG]

4. I think I fixed it. I found an extra piece of code in the body and it kept messing things up (that's what I get for playing with html when I don't really know what I'm doing).
    Not right this minute, Dave.
    Shoot me an email [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. davecash

davecash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    kaintucky
    an email has been sent

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

When I'm going to edit HTML and want to test something I make sure I copy all the original html code into a notepad text document so when (not if) I screw up I have a backukp of a working copy.

7. Thanks for the tip [​IMG]
    (why didn't I think of that?)

Lisa
    ps.
    Just got the newsletter, it's a good one!

8. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Dipsy, when I am writing html, I have a notebook of the most common codes that I use. That way I have something that I can look at and then immediately compare it to the code on the computer screen. I've also typed it up and then printed it out. It's just easier for me to have it in front of me with the html page in question on the monitor.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by