Nifty's Guessing Game 🏆 Winner announced

Who is going to win?

• Total voters
I had 4 kw installed in 2010: https://www.nifty-stuff.com/solar-panels-energy-part-1.php

That was before we added a rental unit to the house, before the electric car, and before we had AC in the house... so since it's not enough, I just finished adding an additional 5 kw a few months ago... WAY overkill, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE solar.

I cleaned the panels at night between two days that had pretty much the same weather (except some clouds on 7/16 morning).

Blue bars were AFTER I cleaned the panels. Blue line was the day BEFORE I cleaned the panels.

View attachment 2338952

Not super scientific, but I'd guess the increase after washing was around 8% - 15%
I would love to go solar power. Unfortunately I don't have a spare $100,000 laying around to do the size that I want.

Wow, that's just an insanely large array!!! :th

Ya, that would be pretty expensive! I bet just the wiring, inverters, etc. would be more than my entire system + install!

We are legally limited to a maximum 27 Kw array.
I've wondered why that is? Why do they have upper limits?

I had 4 kw installed in 2010: https://www.nifty-stuff.com/solar-panels-energy-part-1.php

That was before we added a rental unit to the house, before the electric car, and before we had AC in the house... so since it's not enough, I just finished adding an additional 5 kw a few months ago... WAY overkill, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE solar.

I cleaned the panels at night between two days that had pretty much the same weather (except some clouds on 7/16 morning).

Blue bars were AFTER I cleaned the panels. Blue line was the day BEFORE I cleaned the panels.

View attachment 2338952

Not super scientific, but I'd guess the increase after washing was around 8% - 15%
That ash was a lot heavier then it looked in the pictures dude.

Wow, that's just an insanely large array!!! :th

Ya, that would be pretty expensive! I bet just the wiring, inverters, etc. would be more than my entire system + install!

I've wondered why that is? Why do they have upper limits?
Lobbyists & politics most likely.

Back
Top Bottom