NIGEL did it again!! **GRAPHIC PICS**

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jul 19, 2010.

1. When I went outside this morning, I found this next to the back door step. It has puncture holes around it's neck. Hank was locked in the house and Cash would have done a lot more damage to it, I'm sure...so that leaves Nigel, my trusty outside-kitty! This makes number TWO (that I know of!)

I'm so glad he got it before it got my chickens!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The dogs checking it out....
    [​IMG]

Hank sniffing it--and boy it is stinky! I've never smelled one before...but they must have a musk?
    [​IMG]

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

It's good when you have a couple of predators working FOR you! [​IMG]

3. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Songster

Apr 13, 2010
    Good Kitty!!! Another predator down for the count and chickens safe for another day!

4. bald k9

bald k9 Songster

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    What is it? we dont have those here?

5. Quote:Yeah, the dogs are awesome...and the cats earn their keep! LOL Nigel does get birds but mostly pests...starlings, brewer's blackbirds, english sparrows...all things that transmit disease & mites! [​IMG] He also gets snakes, quail & once I took a bunny away from him, too. He gets LOTS of mice and even the occasional pack rat.

6. Quote:Some sort of a weasel.

7. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Good job Nigel!

8. Quote:He got some "juice" from a can of tuna poured over his regular food today! LOL As a treat! And lots of pets!

9. Tylt33

Tylt33 Songster

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    Quote:Long Tailed Weasel, I believe. They're found (although not always commonly) in almost all of the United States, if that's where you live.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by