Nigerian dwarf goat feeding

Mimi773

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 22, 2014
I will soon be getting two male Nigerian dwarf goat babies that I will be bottle feeding and I have a few questions about feeding. What is the best thing to feed the kid's once off the bottle. What is the best thing to feed them as adults? Do they need grain? Is alfalfa or forage hay better? I hope I can get some answers. Thank you.

The quality of the hay is more important than the type. Hay for goats needs to be of very good quality. Meaning fine stemmed, leafy, and free of dust and mold. Since these are wethers, grass hay will suit them fine. Personally, I would feed them some grain while they are growing, but once they are grown they don't need it except as a treat. Be sure you vaccinate them with CD/T for tetanus and enterotoxemia as soon as possible. Be sure they have access to plenty of clean fresh water at all times. That will go a long way in preventing urinary calculi.

I will soon be getting two male Nigerian dwarf goat babies that I will be bottle feeding and I have a few questions about feeding. What is the  best thing to feed the kid's once off the bottle. What is the best thing to feed them as adults? Do they need grain? Is alfalfa or forage hay better? I hope I can get some answers. Thank you.

My wethers get 2nd cut alfalfa for hay we stopped feeding grain as they really do not need it. Be sure to get a loose mineral I prefer Manna Pro it has ammonium Cloride which prevents stones in the little boys. Offer it free choice. They might not touch it until they need it. Also offer baking soda free choice same as the minerals ( separate containers) they will eat it as needed. Clean fresh water at all times

Back
Top Bottom