Nigerian dwarf goats

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Geordonbuck223, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Geordonbuck223

Geordonbuck223 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2011
    Does anyone have pictures of their nigerian dwarf goats and their udders and or pictures of their pasture and how big it is...?

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] That was Heidi's udder a week or so before she kidded for the first time.
    I have no idea how big their pasture is but it's more than big enough. If I remember I can tell you tomorrow since the distance between each post is ten feet. I was randomly milking her at two weeks freshened and got a little less than a quart with a 12 hr. bag up time or whatever you want to call it.

3. brahmabreeder

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    I just checked and that was exactly one week before she kidded.

4. Geordonbuck223

Jul 7, 2011
    Hey I am also from ohio...where did you get your nigerian dwarf. Goats.....?

5. brahmabreeder

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Both of the people I bought from were selling out. Good way to get good does for cheap! I can give you contact info. for the breeder in my area. I send my does to her place for 'dates'. Just PM if you would like her phone number. She's up in northeast Ohio.

6. Geordonbuck223

Jul 7, 2011
    Sure that would be great!!!

7. Geordonbuck223

Jul 7, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was wondering what you thought of this as a goat shelter for two nigerian dwarf does.....it is a chicken coop now but I would board up the sides to make it good for the goats to get out if weather conditions and also to sleep in and....I know it is off the ground I would build a big ramp for them to climb up to get into the shelter.....the shelter measures 8 feet long by 4 feet wide and 3 feet tall.....I would also have a fence in area behind the shelter being at least 25 feet by 25 feet for the goats to run around in during the day.....let me know what you think or what else I could do to this coop to make it more of a goat like shelter....[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Geordonbuck223

Jul 7, 2011
    Also if you get a chance can you post a picture of your goat shelter and setup? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. brahmabreeder

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    My biggest concern with that shelter is the height. I know Nigerians are far from tall, but they like to jump on things and play around. Plus if you plan on breeding there isn't room for them and babies. The indoor shelter for my two measures 8*12 feet. The stall is 4*6. I'm going to confine the two of them to the one stall and the other one that I kind of just have been using for whatever. That way I can use the main 8*12 area for chickens. I'll get pics. tomorrow if I remember.

10. Geordonbuck223

Jul 7, 2011
    How tall are your does....just curious and also could the shelter be temporary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by