Nigerian dwarf mama and doeling

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by heathersboers, Dec 26, 2010.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Please do not press Buy it Now.( Sorry) Brown and white paint nigerian dwarf doe- 2 years old with 1 week old baby girl-very light tan head-white body. her name is idgie. Pics on site http://www.whiteoakmeatgoats.webs.com on the myotonic page- Please PM me with any questions or pics.

**** Prospective home this Friday***** thanks

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. Kenneth Flippen

Kenneth Flippen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2010
    I saw on your site that you have Lamanchas what bloodlines do you have and what will you available this spring? I am interested in a buckling maybe a doeling.

Thanks
    Kenneth Flippen

3. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Sorry- I have sold all of my manchas- all I have now are my myotonics, nigis and boers.

4. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:Is that a boer goat in ur profile picture?

With having several breeds what breed is best for beginners? I want to get a few in the spring or soon thereafter.

Thank you

Lisa

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Well, darn. We could've done a swap. [​IMG] We have 6 does due any day now. We're looking for LaManchas and maybe a Nubian for family milk production.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  6. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Yes he is a paint boer goat-he's my favorite kid this year- Do not get boer goats as a first time goat- the hardiness has been bred out of them for show.They were hardy animals in Africa. they die over anything-and if they get the sniffles-youd better come running with medicine.. Myotonic , Nigerian dwarf, or pygmyies are very hardy and have very little health problems. they are great for a begginner and small. They make great pets for kids- expecially the myotonics- the fall all over the place!!! [​IMG]

7. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Quote:Well, darn. We could've done a swap. [​IMG] We have 6 does due any day now. We're looking for LaManchas and maybe a Nubian for family milk production.

Ours are all due in about 2 weeks- We had a bad crop last year-They all kidded Jan 8-14 when it was so cold. By the time mama finished cleaning one off-the other was frozen-We were steadily running newborns to the house to warm them up.They were inside the stable when theyw ere born, yet they still faired rough. This year we have heaters and heat lamps [​IMG]

8. chickenlady08

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:Thank you! Lots of information and I have to research some more. Thank you

How far are you from VA?

9. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    About an hour and a half or so I believe.

10. chickenlady08

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:Is it possible that boers are hardier if they are the larger breed,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by