Nigerian Dwarfs

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Celeste, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Celeste

Celeste Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2008
    Lyndon
    No one I talk to at my house understands the excitment of getting additions to the family. I recently brought home a Nigerian Dwarf doe and her doeling. They are so much fun. I have been reading everything I can find on them for some time now and just recently found my babies. I am hoping to breed her this fall but am not sure how hard it will be to find a buck here. They are around but not in abundance by any means. I have a few emails out to some ranches that aren't too far from me but don't want to get my hopes up.

Anyways this was mostly a YAY for finally getting my goats!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Post a pic!!!

3. Celeste

Celeste Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2008
    Lyndon
    [​IMG]I will post some as soon as I get some good ones.

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Don't show my wife. OK? She wants a goat and I won't have a good excuse to say
    no when our 3 dogs are bigger.

5. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    CONGRATS!! on the doe and doeling...I raise Nigerians and believe me if you were closer I have plenty of bucks to choose from...I raise registered and unregistered. They are Great animals and we love them all...I think all in all I have over 40 and some La Manchas also. Join some goat forums and you can find more people that have goats closer to you... I am on www.goattalk.com and another is www.dairygoatinfo.com they are very helpful and also you can tell where they live or what state.
    They are wonderful and great therapy too and it dont cost as much either...lol...CONGRATS again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by