Night, night...tuck in the Roo!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chick-a-roos, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Chick-a-roos

Chick-a-roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Blue Ridge, GA
    I just had to share this cute picture! Barney my 9 month old silkie roo...is only alittle spoiled! Since he will not roost, he sleeps in this extra little coop box alone. The temps have been cold and of course, NO chicken snuggies around so thought this small towel might help.

The extra coop box came about when we had to seperate the roos due to fighting but the two silkie roos still wanted to sleep next to my 2 bantam cochin hens/1 bantam cochin roo that they had been raised with. So, DH built the little box next to the other coop and separated with hardwire. Then all was well! Later the 2 silkie roos started fighting so had to find a home for Andy. Barney was a creature of habit and didn't want to leave his little box even though he has 4 sexy girls in the bigger coop!

[​IMG]

2. cat_named_noodles

cat_named_noodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    Too cute! What an adorable lil' guy you have there!

3. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Awe [​IMG]

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:x2

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    He's a sweetie. I have one of my bantam ladies in the cage with two quail under a heat lamp in here in my office tonight. Her back was bleeding and I blamed the roos. So as I sit here and watch her she pecks herself and pull a piece of skin off! So she's got a new apron on, with vet wrap around her to hold it on!

6. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awww, he's adorable! So sweet that you tuck him in. [​IMG]

7. Silkiefan

Silkiefan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    It's ok Barney, sleeping alone is under-rated. All's well in the world with a soft blankie...

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaawwww how precious. I love a snuggling chicken. This is my DD with her "Diva Chicken" the EE, Sandy. Saturday morning cartoon watching, she has her own sweatshirt to snuggle in when visiting inside. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Chick-a-roos

Chick-a-roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Blue Ridge, GA
    I'm amazed how sweet and loving Barney is! All my babies have their own little personalities. I guess, I was unaware how smart chickens can be. And the fact they make the best little pets! I love BYC and all the members....so much information and help to new chicken owners, like myself!

10. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Too cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by