nighttime incubator temp

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ausash, Aug 21, 2007.

1. ausash

ausash Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    My daytime temperatures are right on the mark at 101.5 or extremely close like .3 or something like that. My problem is at night my temperature drops to around 99.8 and I don't know what to do about it. I have turned off the airvents in that room and tried wrapping a towel around the base of the incubator without covering the top of it and still that does not work. Does anyone have any clue as to what I could do, without having to physically change the incubator temperature control several times a day, to maintain a higher temperature at nighttime. (yes my dh does keep the house at arctic temperatures at night) Will this be detrimental to my hatching or just make them a little later?

Thanks.

2. Krazy

Krazy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2007
    California
    I don't think that thats a problem its past 99.5 degrees.

It's between 105 degrees - 99.5

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Thats fine. Don't let it get above 103 though! If you have a fan in there, 99.5 is ideal, if not 101.5 is ideal.

4. ausash

ausash Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Oh no I never let it get about 101.5 just sometimes daytime is around 101.3 is what I meant. I have no fan in there which is why I am trying for 101.5 but nighttime it gets down to 99.6 or around there. So long as everyone thinks that will be okay I won't freak out too much. by the way will this delay hatching day at all?

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by