Nigi Goat Brag! *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cyanne, Apr 1, 2009.

1. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Okay, so I already have 3 unregistered Nigi does and 1 soon-to-be-sold Nigi buck that I bought for backyard milk production. After much research I decided I would like to also get a small herd of registered Nigi's and possibly get into showing as well.

I reserved this little buckling from Piddlin Acres a while back:

Piddlin Acres BD Whata Beau
    Feb 2009
    Sire: Dill's XM Bo Didley
    Dam: Piddlin Acres BZ Whata Diva
    [​IMG]

And while I was waiting for him to be weaned the breeder told me that she would have some of her yearling breeding does for sale soon since she had kept back several kids this year. After much buttering-up of my DH, I am excited to say that I have also bought these two girls from the Piddlin Acres herd:

Piddlin Acres CB Ruby Slippers
    born April 2008
    Sire: Piddlin Acres BZ Cowboy Boots
    Dam: MCH Little Rascals Emerald*D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pecan Hollow C Biker Chick
    born 2/23/08
    Sire: Pecan Hollow SFB Constantine (Twin Creeks San Fransisco Bay x Pecan Hollow Creme De Mint)
    Dam: Pecan Hollow GL Chickadee (Goodwood Laredo x MCH/CH Twin Creeks Meadowlark)
    [​IMG]

Biker Chick will be bred back to Velvet Acres Patriot Missile before I pick them all up and I am hoping for at least one doe from that breeding (she had triplets last time so hopefully I will get lucky) so I'll have 3 or more good does to go along with my little buck. Here is a pic of Patriot:

[​IMG]

So, what do you think? Is this a good start for a nice quality ND herd? [​IMG]

2. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    They are beautiful--I'm so jealous. Your little buckling is very flashy--great color!

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I don't know much about showing but those does look really nice. Love that udder! Congrats on what looks like a great start to your new herd. [​IMG]

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Very Nice!!! Are goats $$ to keep? As far as food and supplies?

5. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    CONGRATS!!! And a Pecan Hollow girl, too! Oh, you are off to a fabulous start! Way to go!

6. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Quote:Actually they are pretty cheap to feed, they spend a lot of time grazing in their pasture and don't need a whole lot of grain. The expensive part has been the set-up like building them a pasture and housing. [​IMG]

But, just like with chickens it is sometimes better NOT to try adding it all up, right? [​IMG]

7. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    nice very nice looking would you call your buckling a splash color lol

8. ThornyRidge

ThornyRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    I LOVE the Flashy ones... good start for goaties.. wish I had access to western/southern bloodlines without shipping!!! I can't bear the thought of a little one crated on a plane.. yikes..

9. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Congratulations! They are all very pretty! [​IMG]

Mitzi

10. jambunny

jambunny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Banner Wyoming
    Very nice nigis. I show Alpines and Lamanchas. I would love to get some nigis but my DH seems to think enough is enough. I'm jealous.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by