1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

nine out of ten eggs hatched! chocolate runners

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RedfogsFlock, May 14, 2011.

1. RedfogsFlock

RedfogsFlock Songster

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    Our hatch day is over and the final results are in!

[​IMG]

9 out of 10 eggs! Even had one surprise us! They were all hatched and dried so we started removing from the incy and throwing out shells. I picked up the two eggs that hadn't done anything but one felt really light. I started lookin at the light one and it had a pip! Well I had removed it though and yes she was shrunk wrapped. [​IMG] So I peeled the shell off, and soaked her down with warm water. Put her back in the incubator & quickly rose the humidity back to 80%. It took me wetting her down 3 times, but next morning she was ready to go! Now you can't even tell her apart from her siblings.!

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Songster

May 1, 2011
    London
    [​IMG]

Great [​IMG]

i just had my first duckling hatch and i had to help it - it was stuck

4. RedfogsFlock

RedfogsFlock Songster

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    Quote:We had one last year get stuck and had to help. She's our worst mama now, won't go broody & tears up the other girls nests. [​IMG] I read somewhere that if you help they won't make good ducks. ??? IDK if thats true or not, but for it is. [​IMG] We have Bug our one that made it out of 27 eggs. She's our inside girl and she's special ha ha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by