NINJA LITTLE

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rukkus, Jul 2, 2016.

1. rukkus

rukkus New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    hey guys, we just bought this spunky little ninja bird... forgot what the guy said she was other than shes a game bird... cheeky thing jumped the back fence earlier so she was named "ninja little" by one of the kids... anyone know?[​IMG]
    think we will have to make fences higher... also, whats the deal with clipping wings or whatever? is there anything i can do that wont hurt her? wing clipping is just feathers yeah? i dunno about any of that cos our others can get to about waist high before they head south again, the typical rock with wings and such...

2. lcertuche

lcertuche Chillin' With My Peeps

Just cut one side, not both to keep it off balance. My young chickens this really doesn't help but with heavier birds it will. Just spread out the wing and you can see where the feathers end and wing begins. A pair of scissors work fine.

3. Storm578

Storm578 Just Hatched

Jul 2, 2016
    Spokane
    My Coop
    [​IMG]silver duckwing modern game bantam probably is the breed.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ray25

Ray25 Just Hatched

Jul 2, 2016
    Looks to red to me to be a silver duckwing

5. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    what country are you in? I'm wondering if that might be an Australian pit game or Australian game

forum for australian poultry on the games... did not find something on the pit games right away.. your ninja looks a lot like them.

http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?t=7993045

Game breeds in general are so athletic they are a lot harder to keep confined. if they want to get out, they will get out if their area is not totally enclosed and topped. Try wing clipping and see but be prepared to find her on the other side sometimes.

p.s. her color over here would be called a blue red duckwing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by