nintendo ds

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bella1210, Sep 14, 2010.

1. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    do you have a nintendo ds and if you do do you have wi fi i do and don't know how to use it how do i play with other people

2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Yes, I have one, but I am not sure how to use the wifi. I have a computer at home and the wifi at work is password protected, so it does me no good to try there.

As for playing with other people, if they are in the same room, you can use download play. A very helpful thing would be to read the books that came with it to figure things out.

P.S. Please take a breath and put some punctuation in you post.

3. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I have one, but I have no clue how to do Wi-Fi. You can do DS Download with another person if they're in the same room as you. Just either start the game up, go to the DS Download section and wait for the person to join you and then press the ok button, or press the DS Download button on the main screen of the DS and wait until your friend's game pops up and then press it.

Seconding the use for grammar and punctuation, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  4. bella1210

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    i know how to use the ds download thing but i want to know how to use the wi fi

5. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    LOL
    It won't connect to wi fi (like e-mail or internet) only with other Nintendo DS's. Some game stores have a hub, but that's a special thing.

6. bella1210

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    Quote:i know i got wi fi and i want to know how to play games with other people who are not in the same place as me

7. seismic wonder2

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Maybe there's an adapter or something out there you can plug in to the internet. but just from the DS alone it won't connect. Different communication protocol.

8. seismic wonder2

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  9. bella1210

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    anyone else

10. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    OK. I have figured out how to use the wifi. You have to have a DSi in order to use it. The internet is not able to be used on a DS or a DSlite.

Hope this helps. If you have a DSi, getting online is pretty self explanitory.

(Also, I posted this from my DSi)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by