Nintendo Wii fans, I need some help.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicky Joy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Chicky Joy

Chicky Joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    I decided to order a Wii for our house for Christmas this year. I have a few questions as I haven't gotten a new video game since the Nintendo 64. First of all, do I need anything special to hook the Wii up to an older tv? Can I hook it up through the dvd player like I do the satelite? Is there anything that is an absolute necessity that doesn't usually come with the system?

Also, what games would you recommend?

2. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

Ours is hooked up to an older TV with a Directv box. We didn't need anything special for it. It uses Wifi to connect to the internet, so that wasn't even an issue. The manual explains all the different ways to hook it up. It was pretty easy.

The only other thing I would suggest is get the combo pack controllers. Sometimes the Wii system will be bundled with extra controllers as well. You'll see them for sale near the Wii stuff. Some games will use special controllers, and some it won't matter. It will say on the back of the game box what is needed.

We love ours, it's a fun system for everyone to sit down and play together. Kind of like family game night.

Bluemoon

3. Chicky Joy

Chicky Joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    I ordered a sort of all in one kit that comes with a bunch of the different controllers and remotes. I'm hoping that we don't need anything extra beyond that, and games of course. I still want to get the Wii Fit and a few games to start us off.

I never really thought too much about connecting to the internet. I do have a wireless dsl modem. Will it connect to that? What advantages are there to connecting it to the internet?

4. Bluemoon420

You should be fine then. [​IMG] I have the Wii fit. I use it everyday ( The Yoga excerises) They have a new one with updated wii fit excerises out, it's 20 dollars. You don't have to buy the Wii board with it, once you have the wii board. The wii board also can be used with other games, so it's worth getting it later on.

Bluemoon

5. Bluemoon420

Quote:Yes, do you have a wireless router? If you have a wireless router with your DSL, it will detect the settings automatically. That's how ours is hooked up.

The advantages are basically, it will update your Wii when needed, and you can download games with wii points. There are some other cool features too.

Bluemoon

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by