Nipple waterer question...again. :)

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Chicks Galore3, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    I ordered some nipple-waterer nipples and am wondering if they will install into a one-gallon bucket. They are threaded-style.

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    What type of water nipples did you order: vertical, horizontal? Yes, water nipples are ALL threaded for ease of screwing them in to your bucket. My question to you is....why only a 1-gallon bucket? That is pretty dang small! As for myself, I have mine installed on a 2-1/2 gallon bucket as a 5-gallon bucket would be way too heavy for me to lug around.

Here's the link to the post I made to BYC on water nipples:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/906523/tired-of-cleaning-waterers-every-day-look

You'll find all the information you need there...good luck!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  3. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    I have 18 standard size chickens and 4 bantams - I'm assuming that the bantams couldn't reach the 3 gallon waterer I am putting up for my big chickens. They are vertical.

4. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

One can always place a brick or other such step stool under or near the waterer for the shorter birds to get up on. This way you would only need the one height of water bucket. Nipples are a wondrous innovation for the modern bird keeper.

Best to you and your birds,

RJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by