1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nipple waterers?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by MoodyChicken, Mar 15, 2009.

1. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    So there was this way cool water system BYC was advertising a while ago, it was called the Aqua Miser or something like that. Basically, it was a massive hanging rabbit waterer with the metal nipple thing (does that make any sense? lol). I really want some, but they're pretty expensive. Does anybody know of any cheap alternative similar to that? It needs to be at least a gallon, and I need at least 10 of them. If I could at least find a bunch of those nipple heads I could make my own. Help? [​IMG]

2. Mr. Frizzles Hen House

Mr. Frizzles Hen House Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Seabeck, Washington
    I've been meaning to order these myself and give them a try. You'll want to go to waldeneffect.org to purchase the avian aqua miser. You can buy one for $30 or a DYI kit to build three for the same $30. Didn't check shipping. Let us know how they are if decide to try them. I've had the site bookmarked thinking I need to get those. My waters are so heavy when full and they get dirty so fast. Good luck!

3. Mr. Frizzles Hen House

Mr. Frizzles Hen House Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Seabeck, Washington
    Oh, yah. I don't know if that's pricey for the parts. If you find them cheaper else where or if anyone else knows, please share.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by