Nipple wateres

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Chickiebabyfluff, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Is there a picture or website or video showing how to install the nipples to a 5 gallon bucket?

2. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I don't know of any walkthroughs but it is fairly basic - You can drill holes in the bottom and screw them in.

If you are looking for something pre-assembled, you can buy them from www.beaktime.com

If you have any specific questions, PM me and I can explain any part of the process.

3. philintheblank

philintheblank Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    Edmonton
  4. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:thank you so much!!! For sharing this !! Ive been waiting with drill in hand lol

5. BoltonChicken

BoltonChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Bolton, Mississippi
    The drill hole in mine was 11/16". I used the FarmTek screw-in type with thread seal tape.

6. Backyard Farm

Backyard Farm Certified Personal Chicken Attendant

Apr 1, 2009
    I am using the nipple waters at the end of plastic tubing ...work great except for a little water dripping mess.

Have heard about the only problem is getting the hole too big by not drilling at exactly a 90 degree angle into the bucket.

7. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    ty guys gonna give this a try

8. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    I bought the kind that you just screw in. I wrapped the threads with silicon tape and then put a bead of silicon bathroom caulk over that. You can screw them in using a nut driver which makes them nice and tight. I put a few pictures here. Mine haven't leaked; there is a little moisture underneath from where chickens sometimes miss a drop, but that's easy to clean up - easier than cleaning up the other waterers!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by