Nite Guard Flashing Red Light

Alagrace

In the Brooder
Aug 20, 2015
Has anyone had experience with the Nite Guard Flashing Lite for Raccoon or Opossums? We live within city limits so these are about the only predators that we will get (at least I think). Would you say they work this light would be a good investment against these two predators? We haven't had a problem yet, but we have seen raccoon in the area.

It my detire them for awhile but raccoons are really smart little buttheads, and lights might not bother them. There are motion activated water sprayers and air spray and loud noise things that might work better. They normally used to keep animals out of certian areas i would put the along your fence line were the coon would be coming in at and also use the light just as add measure.

People will tell you that these red lights never work, but most haven't ever had them, they just make assumptions. Of course, some raccoons will figure these out if given the chance, but we have had our lights working for years. They help keep raccoons out of our crops, orchard, and koi pond, as well as away from our outdoor animals. They are very helpful in our case. We also set up an automatic motion-activated sprinkler, it is very loud and can spray a very direct stream of water at any animals that decide to brave the flashing lights, but it almost never goes to use, the red lights are what keep our predators away!

Thanks for your input on the light. I think we are going to go for it and try it out. We are going to be installing a sprinkler system and now that you told me about your motion activated one, I'm going to ask my husband about installing one too. Great idea.

Thank you! We ordered it off of amazon, 54 dollars without our discount. It was a bit of money, but it kept our animals and crops safe, so it was worth it. Good luck and please keep us posted! Ps our sprinkler is set so it only goes off at night, since after a few weeks of it on during the day, the animals quickly learned to keep their distance. Just be careful, I have been sprayed too many times to count...I also had to clean up a sopping wet dog several times...lol

Back
Top Bottom