1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nite Guard

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Foxhound, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Foxhound

Foxhound New Egg

Mar 22, 2007
    Does Nite Guard work? It is used to scare owls and other predators away and I have some chickens that live in a tree. I need to protect them somehow. I was hoping if anyone used it or know of where I can go to see if it works. I hope it does because I am deeply considering getting one.

2. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    i belive they finally get used to it

3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    look in the "Predators and Pests" section of the forum, there have been a number of threads on the subject.

I would be =astonished= if it really worked (for one thing, this nonsense about predators' eyes flashing red -- they only do that *when you shine a flashlight etc at them*, so unless a coyote is going around with a penlight he would virtually never *see* red flash from anything's eyes!). I have not actually tried it.

I would so, SO not count on relying on it for anything; but if you wish to stimulate the economy and use it as an auxiliary to an already-good system of predator defenses, sure.

JMHO, good luck, have fun,

Pat

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    saw that title and thought we were going to be talking about occlusal splints.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by