nite guard

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by The Breaker, Nov 28, 2011.

1. I dont now if this is the right place but i wanted to now if the night guard was eany good at keping dogs away the bigest problem around here is dogs ive lost more chickens to dogs than I can count.

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

domestic dogs are used to flashing lights and strange things.. our dogs pay no attention to our nite guard lights.. but the lights work great for our country predators like raccoons and coyotes (city predators will be more like dogs in that they are used to more strange things and lights than their country cousins).

since we installed 4 of the nite guard lights we have had 0 losses to predators at night.. before installing them we lost the majority of our birds in a matter of a few weeks. We are back up to well over 100 birds (turkeys, chickens and ducks) and we know the predators are still around since my husband found a raccoon on the porch early one morning (away from the nite guard protected area)

for domestic dogs you are better off with electric wire fencing and a very secure run

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by