NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show!!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by mame1616, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mame1616

mame1616 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2008
    Middletown, NJ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] !!!It's that time again!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

will be held on Saturday, October 22, 2011!!

Some of the deets:

- Show is from 9am to about 3pm, depending on the number of birds.
    - Coop-in is the night before from 5 until 8:30pm. Coop-in on Saturday is 7:30 to 9am.
    - There is a sale area - no, we don't know what's available. It depends on what people show up with.
    - Info about reserving a sale cage(s) is in the show catalog.
    - It doesn't cost anything to visit the show during the day.
    - We have a great chinese auction, which can be made greater by donations from you. Drop them off when you coop-in - Thanks!
    - Please remember to have your birds tested before coming, and bring your certificate with you.
    - I personally recommend staying at the Homewood Suites in Dover - I stay there every show.
    - Last year we hosted over 1000 birds!!!

*** Entries are due October 5th!! Email me for a show catalog!! Please indicate such in the subject line!!***

See you at the show!!

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Hi, Mary!!! I will be there!! Are you selling any birds? What kind?

3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I will be there. Last year I had a BLAST, was my first show. I won the 50/50, the people were great, the vendors were great, the raffle was great, well...you get the picture.
    In my sale cage, a Birchen and splash Copper Marans, both cockerels. Maybe some Silkies. And unless my FBCM and my Wellie roos do well, they will also go bye-bye. Need the quiet, and the room!
    Will have some room if anyone needs an "egg train" thing to happen. Goind from eastern Long Island that morning EARLY, will also post in that thread.
    Anyone wondering about Peter Brown?, well First State Vet Supply will be there also!
    PM me if you need help with anything, Roberta

4. mame1616

Jan 30, 2008
    Middletown, NJ
    Hey Marilyn!! I will have 2 pair of WLR Cornish bantams, and a very nice LF cochin hen, black mottled. But, she is the BROODIEST thing - I'm this close to killing her myself. A real find for someone who likes that sort of thing. She's a beautiful bird, from Jamie Matts yet, but she's gotta go. Can't wait to see you! I'll be there early this year because I won't be coming up the night before. Gotta save my money for Crossroads!! Are you showing? I have six birds coming.......because I'm insane.

Roberta, I'm glad you had a good time at the last show. So, YOU were the one who took my 50/50 money, huh? Well, no tickets for you this year, then! I'll have some small things for the auction - stores a little scarce with the chicken paraphernalia. Make sure you look me up somewhere - ask at the show table. I'm all over the place all day.

5. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    YUP, that was me. I'm going to try and make some chicken earrings for the raffle table.. If I can find the time. Is there a time limit on donations?

6. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I'll be there judging. Come say hi

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    7 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!

8. satsuki23

satsuki23 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2010
    East Greenville Pa
    This is my first time to the show any LF Cochins For sale

9. mame1616

Jan 30, 2008
    Middletown, NJ
    [​IMG] UPDATE - The entries are 870 and counting! [​IMG] Set-up is tomorrow evening, 4-5 pm, if anyone is in the area. Please help us out - that's a lot of birds to set up for!

Roberta - there is NO limit on the donations - the more the merrier, and it does not have to be poultry related, although those are the things I like! (Like I need more chicken stuff!) Find the time to make those earrings!

NYREDS - What are you judging, so I know to say hi?

Satsuki - We never know what's going to show up in the sale area. Best thing to do is get there early. However, I happen to have a beautiful 18 month-old black mottled cochin hen that will be available. She's a bit on the small side for a cochin, and broody as all get-out, but gorgeous. She's from Jamie Matts.

Marilyn - Can't wait to see you! Find me! [​IMG] Gonna take my Cornish off my hands? They're pretty cute!

10. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Quote:Mary is your cochin LF???? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by