NJ Taking requests now for Sussex County Poultry Show Oct 20-21st, 2012

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Tootsie, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Tootsie

Tootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Hello,

I hope to see a lot of you at the upcoming show next Saturday and Sunday October 20 & 21st at the Sussex County Fairgrounds in Augusta, NJ which is also a Jersey Giant Meet. I will be showing 4 standard Silver Spangled Hamburgs and three standard araucanas and 1 black bantam cochin. Everybody else is molting now :-(.

I will also happily take requests on what birds you would like me to bring there for you and I can email you pictures of who all is available. Please email me for more information [email protected] and even if you don't email me come on out to the show for a great time! There will be much to see and much to do and much to buy from our wonderful vendors!

Hope to see you there!

2. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    LAVENDAR GENE!!! I prefer to get requests in advance as the show is only 6 days away so please contact me soon! Hope to hear from you. I have some araucana males who carry the lavender gene too, of which 2 have the single comb so if you want lav in your single comb breed this may be an option as well. This must have occurred due to birds earlier in the lineage being crossed to get the lav color since both parents (I have) and grandparents (breeder sent me pics) all have the correct pea comb.

I also have a few Standard Silver Spangled Hamburg pairs for sale hatched end of June. Plus many other birds as well.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi Tootsie! Saw your post on the Sussex thread. Do you have any ameraucana pullets for sale? I've been looking for some. I use them mostly for pets and eggs. I had a bunch that were really old and very flighty so I rehomed them to 4-Hers. Now I am looking for some younger birds that will lay for me. I'm also interested in your showgirls, but I'm at six roosters right now, so I only have room for pullets. I love that naked neck gene!

Let me know what you may have! I'm really looking forward to the show!

4. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Hi There good to hear from you!

If I get enough males sold prior to the show then I may have some to sell to you but my objective is to balance the playing field before winter. Are you looking for SQ or just PQ birds? Thanks for asking and I too am looking forward to the show as well! Are you going both days and are you showing as well?

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey! I saw that on your website after I posted and that is fine. I know how it is to have too many roosters! I'm just looking for PQ mostly. As long as they lay colored eggs is fine by me! I'm also always looking for turkens if you know of anyone selling them. I just have one little black hen right now and would love to add more!

6. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Turkens are great! I only have the silkie showgirl naked necks and would only sell them with the males too but I will let you know if I decide to sell any of my ameraucana pullets without a male.

7. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Still taking requests!! Many available araucana bachelors! Show is only 2 days away.

8. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Last day for requests UNLESS you are going Sunday too. Let me know so I can try and fit everyone into the car.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by