NJ- Too many Roos- need good homes

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlisa, Mar 24, 2009.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I have too many Roosters that I hatched last year. I sold many hens, and ended up with more roos than I can use. I really want them to go to a nice home. I wish I had about 15 breeding pens so they could all be of good use here. I can't ship them- pick up only in NJ near Easton, Pa. They are all under a year old...here is a partial list.
    1 Buff Orpington
    1 Black Australorp
    1 Speckled Sussex
    1 Blue Andalusian
    1 Black Andalusian
    1 Salmon Faverolle
    and a few more that I'm forgetting at the moment....
    They are all penned in with my hens and they are too much for them. I have called my chicken processing man and he can take them and turn them into soup meat next Wednesday (4/1/09). But I really hate to do that- they are young, gorgeous, and full of life. (too much ;-) Please, if interested, get in touch with me. I'm hoping to get $10 per Roo to help pay for all the food they've eaten, but if that is a hardship for you, let me know. I'm open to trades for guinea eggs too...or what have yo. Just let me know. My daughter or I can catch them easily and if you bring a box, it'll be easy to transport him home to your hens.
    Thank you,
    Lisa

PS-They are all nice (so far) and ready to be your top Roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by