NN?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Around what age does NN roos get waddles? Mo is around 11-12 wks and no sign of waddles anywhere. Do they get saddle feathers(??) like other roos?
    My OEG babies had waddles and crowing by 9 wks old. After looking back at my pics, they had the rooster feathers by 7-8 wks old.

Both the hubby I have been checking him out. His feathers are the same as the australorp pullet that's the same age. They both have the same length/shape tail. Both of them sound the same....little chicken chirps. I've been trying like crazy to get a pic but he flips out when he sees the camera. The cutest thing is they both have very fuzzy butts:)

2. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The sickle feathers in the tail and the saddle feathers are the same as in all birds as is the approximate time they come in. I usually judge by the frame and the comb, usually roos will have a more stout, masciline look.

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    I still think he looks kind of girly. I know him and Henrietta are different breeds but they are both the same size and build. His neck is longer.

These aren't very good pics but here's their cute fuzzy bottoms from about a week ago, I think? My camera date was wrong...said 05'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It does look like a hen but it is still early yet.

5. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    I keep hoping for hen so I can introduce them into to other chickens yard and not have to build a seperate one. I sit on the deck in the mornings listening to Gravy crow and the other neighborhood roos that live out here and Mo doesn't even pay attention to all the crowing. Not like my OEG babies did.

6. Three chickens

Three chickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2016
    Riverside CA.
    Reading everything about Naked Necks makes we want to hatch some eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by