No Animal Should EVER Have To Live This Way

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RickiHupp, Jan 12, 2009.

1. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Sooo, I go outside this morning to drive my daughter down to the bus stop AND see what I find in my yard!

[​IMG]

I was SHOCKED that someone would drop off this poor animal in freezing cold weather and starved to near death. This poor guy has absolutly NO body fat on him.
    So, I brought him inside gave him some warm water and some food. We will keep him for now and see how he does with all of our other animals around here. If there are any problems I will find him a good home. Hopefully everything goes good, I really think he will make a nice dog. I made sure to pet him while I fed him, he was not mean at all despite being so malnourished that he has wear marks on his skin from his bones. You know, it really p!sses me off that people will go and have a dogs tail docked AND have them neutured THEN let the poor thing starve to death.

UGH Anyway, he is safe and warm now. He will be going to the vet in a couple of days. I have named him Samson. It fits him, he is a gentle giant.
    Sorry for the rant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I am so glad that the dog has you

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Thank you for taking him in. He is a beauty. If you hadnt taken him in, he would have surely died. Anybody that does that to an animal, well lets just say I cant say on here what they deserve. [​IMG] What disgusting people!

4. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Poor thing, I hate it when I see mis treated animals.

Good on you for taking it in.

5. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    My friend has a rot that was lost/taken and the dog was gone for almost a year. She got a phone call one night from a couple who had found the dog. It still had its original collar and identification on. She went and picked her up, the dog was not in the best of shape. She's a fatty now and glad to be home with her family.

That's a pretty puppy and I hope everything works out for him.

6. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    He is going to be a beauty. Thanks for taking care of him.

People who do that, should have the same thing done to them.

7. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Aw he's a beautiful Dobie. I can't imagine someone abandoning him. Maybe he got lost? Dobies are fast and can really move if they get loose. We have a boy, and he's just as sweet as can be. Can't leave him alone with food tho [​IMG]

8. MrsShag

MrsShag Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    oh my gosh [​IMG]

I have two doggies that I love like they are my children. Just seeing those pictures makes me tear up.

He picked a great yard to wander into. Thank You so much for not letting him continue to suffer.

9. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    Our Bassett looked like that when we got him--if anything he was worse. He had heartworm too. It really torques me off that people do things like that--if you can't keep the critter at least take him to the animal shelter. It beats starving to death in the cold. I hope he works out for you--he'll be a really nice-looking dog once he's fed up.

10. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    The poor guy! I just can't comprehend some people. Rotten egg for sure. The good thing is Sampson is away from the scumbag and happy and taken care of with you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by