No Backyard farm

PartridgeRooster

Songster
9 Years
Oct 11, 2010
Suppose to rain something fierce tonight. My shire's are doing great with the logging work. Mitsy's leg is back to top form and she's pulling well but I'm not pushing her. My chicken building is up and running though the RIR's aren't old enough to lay yet.

Ah, early morning hours watching my mixed yet colorful flock of hens and two roosters walk about the property. The flock is large as I combined the previous two. The flock consists hen's of 2 White Rocks, 2 Buff Wyandottes, 3 Black Australorps, 4 Partridge Rocks, 1 Columbian, 2 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 4 Barred Rocks, 2 Buff Brahma's and 2 Rhode Island Reds. My two lucky Roosters are 1 Rhode Island Red and 1 Black Australorp. They have use of my first coop, which is built to hold fifty chickens.

Cool, i always enjoy raeding about others farm axperiences. Hey any pics of your Herefords? i raise scottish highlands but always liked the baldys and herefords... please show us more!

also what breed of sheep you working with?

pictures please
smile.png

I have around 40 Kathadin's and 10 Kat/Dorper crosses, along with 4 Black Faced Dorper Rams.
69619_bitsy_and_mitsy.jpg

Bitsy is the Black shire mare and Mitsy is the Bay shire mare
69619_cows_grazing.jpg

69619_kat_flock.jpg

Most of my Kat flock at their old place before coming home.

Last edited:
Ugh got lots of freezing rain and some snow last night. Gonna go check on all the animals when the sun does rise. I hope all the sheep made it threw the night. I didn't have a large enough shelter in their pen.

The mares look beautiful. I am such a sucker for 4 whites. Do you have a lot of mud problems where you live? We have had so much rain this year (have another 2in dropping right now) that all my dirt paddocks are mud and the horses either stay in or are out on the pastures that are supposed to be recovering. Trying to prevent scratches and it has been quite the battle.

Quote:
We had ALOT of spring rain but in the summer not so much and fall was dry too. I also have 340 acres so plenty of room on moving everybody around. I do have pens next to the main barn that I keep the horses in during the winter but it doesn't get too bad.

Back
Top Bottom