no chickies at day 21

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dorothy1324, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Dorothy1324

Dorothy1324 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    hey all i am kind of bummed it is day 21 of incubation and no chicks the eggs are not rocking like others have said they would and one cracked so after a day i looked and it seemed to be seeping somthing so i took it out and no baby just some bloody flesh does anyone think there is still hope for any of the 10 others i know they were alive at one point:(

2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, there's always hope!

How were incubating conditions throughout the 21 days? Any temp issues, humidity issues, egg turning issues, etc?

Don't worry about the eggs not rocking - lots of them don't rock before they hatch.

If you're on day 21 today, there's still plenty of time for the little darlings to hatch. Keep your chiin up - I'm sure you'll have chicks soon!!!

Lori

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  3. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Hang in there for a while. Im on day 21 and just one just popped out. All of the other have not even pipped yet. Im hoping the one that hatched will peep alot and encourage the others. What are you hatching. Let us know what happens

4. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    I am on day 22 now and am still waiting for 9 more to make there apperance.......so yea I know how you feel.
    I am on day 20 of my really important eggs and I think I killed them because of the goo on the eggs from the other hatches.

[​IMG]

I am keeping everything crossed for you and I am sure you will see your babies soon!

[​IMG]

5. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I am on day 21 and I have 6-7 eggs that have pipped, but no progress and its been since I woke up this morning. Hang in there. Keep the bator closed.

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    take out that seeping egg. it may effect the rest of your eggs

7. Dorothy1324

Dorothy1324 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    well none of my eggs hatched so we opened them and in most of them was only a tiny embryo and in one was a tiny little chick all dead so something went wrong i will try again i kept the temp at 100.6 and humidity at around 60% with a hydrgmeter any one have any ideas about what might have happened?

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    First let us know what type of incubator you used....if you hand turned or have a turner...shipped eggs or your own...lots of problems happen in hatching out chicks...

Candle your eggs on day 7, 14 and 18...at day 7 you should have seen vein and the eye or embryo...keep your humidity between 40 and 50% the first 18 days...stop your turning on the evening of day 18...get your humidity up between 60 to 70% and no opening the bator...

You had growth so...all you can do is try again and keep a journal of what goes on...Don't give up!!...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by