No clue about breed or gender

timmyboyhd

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 18, 2014
Southeast Texas
I have posted before when I only had the 4 new chicks and now that they are older wanted to get some insight. I have 8 total new chickens the older 4 are bantams they are about 6-7 weeks and the younger 4 are about 5 weeks old. I know the gender and breed alf the younger ones but the older 4 bantams were a mix and the feed store didn't know what they had. all the bantams have feathers on their feet and ill try to point them out as best as i can. I know the silkie only the rest I have no idea

these first couple have all the bantams, (going left to right)the first is the tall light brown that sticks out, the next is the white silkie, next is the one that looks like a big ol black ball and the last is sitting kinda grayish looking

my silkie :) I don't know the gender

this is the big ol black ball don't know the gender or breed

the last grayish one don't know the breed or gender

im willing to bet its a male but was unsure and don't know the breed

just to note their behavior maybe it will help
I am assuming from the body type the silkie and black fluff ball are female, and the grayish and brown ones are male. I know chickens peck at each other I have seen it many a times, but the grey and brown one I have seen a couple times jumping up and trying to claw one another, nothing to draw blood and doesn't look to hurt, its very brief then they go separate ways. the brown seems to stand watch i guess you could say towering over the rest while they peck around, the grey really does nothing else but sit with the hens. the other 2 don't do much but hang out with the other hens as well.

The black one could be a black star. IT Looks like one of mine. In the sun shes got a green tinted fethers. Brown fethers on its chest.
Silkies i thought were the only breed with hairy legs?
I have a female rock boiler.That is super pushy, if too many chicks crowed the food she chest bumps the out of the way.
I just feed them in two pans. Occasionally ill move her away from the food. No bully allowed.

Brown bird in front is a Belgian d'Uccle cockerel

this is the big ol black ball don't know the gender or breed
Pullet. Looks like a Cochin from this pick. Is it bantam or standard?

the last grayish one don't know the breed or gender
Belgian d'Uccle, looks pullet

Belgian d'Uccle, looks cockerel

im willing to bet its a male but was unsure and don't know the breed

just to note their behavior maybe it will help
I am assuming from the body type the silkie and black fluff ball are female, and the grayish and brown ones are male. I know chickens peck at each other I have seen it many a times, but the grey and brown one I have seen a couple times jumping up and trying to claw one another, nothing to draw blood and doesn't look to hurt, its very brief then they go separate ways. the brown seems to stand watch i guess you could say towering over the rest while they peck around, the grey really does nothing else but sit with the hens. the other 2 don't do much but hang out with the other hens as well.

Back
Top Bottom