no clue the gender or breed of my ducks. Help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by creepela, Mar 25, 2015.

1. creepela

creepela New Egg

Mar 25, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I have no clue what my ducklings are don't know what gender or breed and I really believe this will help me raise them better. If anyone know what breed and gender they are each that would be so grate. I'll add a photo in the morning when the sun comes out there a bit bigger now then in this one pic

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Some look like Rouen or Mallard.

3. sukochickens

sukochickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2015
    Virginia
    X2
    I would guess Mallard. I've heard you can tell gender around 4-6 weeks based on their voice. Males will have a raspier voice and not be as vocal.

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Where did you get them, hatchery, feed store/mill?

If they are mallards you will have to get a migratory bird permit if you live within the U.S.

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm not a duck expert, but I think that they are Mallards.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

7. madamiec

madamiec Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2013
    Roann, Indiana
    I can't see a close up of the head but mallards have one stripe across the eye and rouens have two. Mallards should have a rear right toe clipped, pinioned wing, metal band or tattooing in the web to show it was a hatchery/domestic bird... Domestic mallards and wild mallards are different but some states do require a permit to have a domestic mallard and/or caging so they don't mix with native ducks. A pet permit is usually free. You should never have a wild mallard.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  8. creepela

creepela New Egg

Mar 25, 2015
    I got them wetter they sale feed and other wild life things, they have things like chickens, ducks and other birds. I'm in Puerto Rico, I don't think ppl here need licencing for animals. I just saw them and now that I'm in the island my father has land so getting diffrent kinds of animals.

9. creepela

creepela New Egg

Mar 25, 2015
    Why are mallards bad to have madamiec?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by