1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No Crow Collar?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dsbailey70, Jun 14, 2015.

1. dsbailey70

dsbailey70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2014
    Nederland, Texas
    I've read some older posts about the No Crow Collar, but I'd like to get current opinions. What do you think about it? Does it work well or not? Are there better alternatives available? **PLEASE - Limit responses to only those If you have actually used a No Crow Collar** Thank you for your help :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  2. i-love-my-honey

i-love-my-honey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    My juvenile roo has a o crow collar. It does work, but it is irritating his neck. Can't take it off because we are not supposed to have chickens - much less roosters. I have to readjust it almost daily to keep the feathers underneath. A hassle, but worth it.

3. i-love-my-honey

i-love-my-honey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Update on my roo. I had to keep the collar so tight that it cut off some circulation. Not a problem unless he was roosting. We had a really bad freeze and he got frostbite so badly I had to put him down. I definitely vote AGAINST a collar. :0 (

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    So sorry. I wouldn't recommend them either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by