No Crow Rooster Collar

FeatheryFriend5

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 4, 2014
Hello to the Backyard Chicken Community!,
I'm just curious, I have a Plymouth Rock rooster "Barry", he's about five months old, and unfortunately, the neighbours are having a bit of a conniption as a result of his constant crowing. Anyway, I was just wondering if I could apply the No Crow Rooster Collar on him at night and then just remove it in the morning. Also, while I'm gathering it's quite easy to apply, I am just a bit concerned that it'll agitate him.
Anyway, any advice would be appreciated,
Hope you're all doing well ^^
- Gemma
♡☆*•.¸¸☾ ★

Thank you ^^
Also, I was just wondering, can you remove the No Crow Rooster Collar, or does it have to stay on permanently? After all, he just needs it for the night, in the morning he's okay to do what he pleases.
Hope you're all doing well!!

Having used one briefly I think it would be a bit aggravating for both you and the bird to put the collar on everyday as it requires perfect adjustment. Taking it off is easier:D.

If you do decide to try it you may like to know there is another brand from Australia called the 'Cock Collar' that comes in more sizes and some say is more comfortable for the bird.

And finally be aware there are risks to the bird. There is a longer thread on this topic on this site that you could check out for more first hand experiences both positive and negative of members. (I'll try to find the link and put here, unless you already know about it?) Good Luck:D

link added:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/no-crow-rooster-collar.906916/

Last edited:
Thank you ^^
Also, I was just wondering, can you remove the No Crow Rooster Collar, or does it have to stay on permanently? After all, he just needs it for the night, in the morning he's okay to do what he pleases.
Hope you're all doing well!!

Thank you, biophiliac. I have been desperately seeking some information on No Crow, only to find that they don't ship outside USA. We have been hoping against hope that our 'larger then the others' chick just hatched earlier and it broke our hearts as the weeks went by and we noted spurs and size and, finally, red comb appeared at 6 weeks. He is a gold laced Wyandotte and the most beautiful chick. He is going to be/ would be a stunning rooster and our grandson named him. We watched all the videos on No Crow and homemade collars and, although it seems a bit evil to curb their natural urge to show off their manly crow, the alternative seemed worse. It would be lovely if suburban chicken lovers could enjoy the natural and happy ways of the flock, but it just cannot be, it seems. I am sure the neighbours would be upset by even a quieted crow on our normal block. Maybe on small acres, or where roosters are allowed but must not annoy neighbours. I'll look at the Australian ones, but we are pretty much resigned to losing our lovely boy, now.
Totally sympathize with you, same thing happened to me. I was very lucky to find mine homes on farms where they actually have a flock of hens. By networking in your area you may find a hobby farm to take him or if he's real special maybe sell him to someone who would like him for breeding.
My two guys in their new homes...(where they are allowed to crow;))
IMG_2026.JPG Chuy, BR

unnamed (3).jpg Kebechet, 'just call me Chet', EE

Best wishes.

Edit... just looked at his pic, he is gorgeous!!!

Hi all....long time lurker and just now posting. I just put a No Crow Collar on my Seebright rooster. He's about 11 weeks but has been crowing for about 2-3 now and he's getting louder and longer with it. He's had it on for most of the evening but he's spent most of that trying to get it off! He did manage to remove the yellow label. :barnie He's in our Florida room until I'm sure he is ok with it (and to not annoy the neighbors). Will see how it goes....

Having used one briefly I think it would be a bit aggravating for both you and the bird to put the collar on everyday as it requires perfect adjustment. Taking it off is easier:D.

If you do decide to try it you may like to know there is another brand from Australia called the 'Cock Collar' that comes in more sizes and some say is more comfortable for the bird.

And finally be aware there are risks to the bird. There is a longer thread on this topic on this site that you could check out for more first hand experiences both positive and negative of members. (I'll try to find the link and put here, unless you already know about it?) Good Luck:D

link added:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/no-crow-rooster-collar.906916/

Thank you, biophiliac. I have been desperately seeking some information on No Crow, only to find
that they do
n't ship outside USA. We have been hoping against hope that our 'larger then the others' chick just hatched earlier and it broke our hearts as the weeks went by and we noted spurs and size and, finally, red comb appeared at 6 1/2 weeks. He is a gold-laced Wyandotte and the most

beautiful chick. (The photo doesn't do him justice as my len is broken) Chicks 291217.jpg
He is going to be/ would be a stunning rooster, and our grandson named him.

We watched all the videos on No Crow and homemade collars and, although it seems a bit evil to curb their natural urge to show off their manly crow, the alternative seemed worse. It would be lovely if suburban chicken lovers could enjoy the natural and happy ways of the flock, but it just cannot be, it seems. I am sure the neighbours would be upset by even a quieted crow on our normal block. Maybe on small acres, or where roosters are allowed but must not annoy neighbours. I'll look at the Australian ones, but we are pretty much resigned to losing our lovely boy, now.

Attachments

• Wyandotte gold laced rooster.jpg
    Wyandotte gold laced rooster.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom