No Crow Rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DLS, Mar 28, 2009.

1. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

No Kidding !I talked to a lady that said they were working on a NO crow rooster! That would be great for y'all in the city & burbs! . She said it was going on at Auburn University. Every one keep me posted on what you hear. she told me there was a strain that BARELY crowed amy way & they were crossing it with other birds Any one know about this BARELY crowing any bird? This is all news to me
    Dan

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

It WOULD be great for city dwellers, but at what point do we cross the line and breed the "chicken" out of them?

3. elliemay0305

elliemay0305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    i have a book that talks about different chickens that are good for people in areas they need the quiet ones. ill see if i cant find it and then ill put the list of birds on here!

4. Kung Foo Chicken

Kung Foo Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Says he with a photo of a chicken manipulation that cannot fly, run, or see. [​IMG]
    (no offense intended)

For me I do not see what the problem is with a roo crowing every so often. It is much less of a bother than backfiring cars, monotonous barking of dogs, or even the human yelling at the dog to be quiet. My cockatiel is louder than some chickens.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

I would get some just so I can say I had some .. Also I would hatch them out for the folks in town they are my buddies.[​IMG]

6. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:Wow,o I will believe it when I see it.
    Sounds impossible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by