No Crow?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thebanthams, Mar 14, 2013.

1. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    My EE is 5 months old and very gentle and huge !! He hasnt crow yet! Does anyone have roosters dont crow? I bet city folks will love to have him !! No he is mine...

2. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Do you own another rooster or have some very dominant hens? Either of those will keep a cockerel low on the totem pole and there for he will not dare open his beak in fear of getting a whoopin.

At 5 months he is still pretty young too, he will get his voice before you know it.

3. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    My mom's mixed breed rooster didn't crow until 6 months. No competing rooster around, he was just a late bloomer. He more than made up for it later so don't count yourself lucky just yet.

4. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    We have had countless roosters that are late bloomers, when it comes to their vocals. Don't worry though, he will learn to crow!

5. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    I have four other roosters crows like crazy! except for him, So wasnt sure if he lost his voice. Hes very quiet ! I have 10 hens around. and he doesnt get any closer to them ! He act like hes a wimp !

6. dragonmorgan

dragonmorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    South Alabama
    My rooster didn't start crowing until around 10 months or so. I actually have 2 roos and 10 hens and only my EE roo crows (and only when he sees me come outside and wants me to bring them a snack lol). The Buff Brahma roo has yet to crow, unless he is super stealthy and quiet about it. They don't fight and both will take turns mounting the hens so I don't know if it has anything to do with the dominance in my flock. I figure hes just lazy or something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by