No ducklings for me sad

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Anny, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    I was all excited about getting some ducklings tomorrow, I was supposed to be getting Gold Star Hybrids, I really want khaki campbells but these seemed close to them...but she bailed on me last minute.

I can't seem to find anyone with khaki campbells anywhere in Michigan, anyone know anyone breeding them at all?

All people seem to have are call ducks and Peckins.

2. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    We need to trade! I am in Colorado and cannot find Call Ducks near me but Khaki Cambell's are all over. What Quality are you looking for? I have pet Quality and love them. You can Google Search Duck Hatchery and they will ship you ducklings. Some have a minimum order of 5 and others you need to order 25.

3. Anny

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    I want them for pets. Do you happen to know of the hatcheries that have a 5 min. I can only find places with a 15+ I only want a few.

4. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    would you want to hatch your own? there's a person selling hatching khaki eggs on this forum on the other poultry BST forum

5. Anny

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    I've never ever hatched before, and I don't have a bator.

6. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    you can build one. there's a section on here all about homemade bators. i made my own for about $20 and its my first hatch. if you don't want to hatch, you could check out craigslist or theres a section here about hatcheries, hopefully you can fine one with a min of 5

7. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
  8. Anny

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Thanks for all the great advice guys. You've been really helpful.

9. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I got my Khakis last summer from McMurray Hatchery http://www.McMurrayHatchery.com because they had a 10 duckling minimum. I split the order with a friend, we each got 4 hens & 1 drake each. They all arrived well & healthy, and I'm so happy to have them. I get an egg from each of the hens almost every day. And Webster, the drake, is doing his job because 4-H kids are hatching ducklings from these eggs. I use them for cooking & baking, they're deeeeeeeeeelicious!

Those hybrid ducks looked like they'd be good layers too, but the Khakis were less expensive.
    Don't be [​IMG] Get yourself some ducks! [​IMG]

edited to add website...haha, get it? WEBsite for ducks! Oh, I quack myself up...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  10. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:no problem, thats what we're here for. we're also here to enable you...hehehe. i hope you find some ducks! and as soon as you do we need pictures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by