No eggs at 6 months :(

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Maryallison, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Oh I just hope one day the girls will make eggs! I had chickens before and I am soooooo looking forward to my pretty frizzles, silkies & bantams making eggs!!!! We all turned 6 months old on the 18th of November. Everyday I go out there and hold the hens and give them a egg making pep talk. I love them so much!!! [​IMG] Some eggs would be nice though. They are eatting layer pellets & there are more than enough roos in there fertilizing them. Hope they aren't getting too much action from the roos.... [​IMG] All the sudden every roo out there figured out that they are a roo! [​IMG] Anyways..........I await my big day!!!! maybe it can be my b-day present on the 8th of December, nothing would be more thrilling to me! [​IMG]

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Good luck. I have two EE's that are 26 weeks old without laying yet. they are doing the squat this week so I am hoping for eggs really soon. Gloria Jean

3. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    I have two hens that started laying at 8 months, and one freeloader that is going on 9 months STILL not laying...

Patience, hmmm, must have lots of patience with some of these girls [​IMG]

4. stephhassler

stephhassler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Eastern Iowa
    I'm in the same boat - at week 27 today and not an egg in sight!

5. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Well, at least I am not alone! I keep telling my husband, "At least they are nice to look at." ummm...........cause they don't contribute! [​IMG]

6. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Our hens started laying real well when we
    took roosters out. I now have just one rooster
    for 20 girls and the problems have ceased. None of
    our girls have missing feathers or looked bred to death.

7. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    I am a rookie and what blessings I have had. They started to lay at 4 months and around half are laying at 5 1/2 months now. [​IMG]

8. srcarucci

srcarucci Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2009
    CA
    I'm with you! It's funny, our girls are 24 weeks and one of our Easter Eggers started laying last week. She's laid 5 beautiful blue eggs so far, and the other girls haven't laid any. I'm hoping they all start soon! Hope you get eggs for your birthday. [​IMG]

Quote:

9. cirrus107

cirrus107 New Egg

Dec 2, 2009
    The place where I purchase feed told me that chickens need a certain number of hours of light to produce eggs. Try putting a light bulb on a timer for an extra fine hours and see if that works.

10. Farmlife4me

Farmlife4me Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2009
    Old Town, Florida
    I know what you mean about no eggs [​IMG] Our girls are 7mths. and still no eggs .. the only girls laying are 1 silkie and 1 cuckoo maran , sighs if only the others would also [​IMG] maybe that will our christmas gift E-G-G-S !! [​IMG] my uncle gets 18 eggs with in 2 days !! I need his girls to give my girls SOME MUCH NEEDED PEP TALK .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by