No eggs from any of my girls

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by canbee, Oct 14, 2009.

1. canbee

canbee New Egg

Aug 3, 2008
    Hope you all can help. I have two coops one of 7 and one of 5 the seven should all be laying. The older girls (1 yr) have been faithful until the last couple of weeks. the younger ones in same coup should be laying but not. The other coop has one that should be laying soon and 4 younger chicks. Nobody is laying and I have no idea why. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Canbee

2. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    I wish I had an answer, but I'm going through the same thing myself. My girls were all laying prior to the summer heat and their molt, but for reasons only known to them, they're still on strike and we're well into October!

Store bought eggs have never tasted so bland. [​IMG]

3. canbee

canbee New Egg

Aug 3, 2008
    Thanks for the feed back. Your right on the store bought eggs. Well, guess I will continue to talk to my girls and see what is happening.

4. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    If they are through the molt (how many weeks since it started?) try boosting the protein levels you are feeding for a couple of weeks.

Also - some breeds are more sensitive to the number of hours of daylight than others. You may need to provide artificial light so they have 14 hours of light per day.

5. canbee

canbee New Egg

Aug 3, 2008
    Thanks a lot for your help. I think some are still molting from the looks of all the feathers around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by