No Eggs From Any of My Girls

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by stuckinvtown, Oct 18, 2013.

1. stuckinvtown

stuckinvtown Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2013
    Los Angeles County
    [​IMG]
    I haven't seen any eggs yet form any of my girls. Do you guys think it is possible that the carpenter cloth on the top triangle of our coop lets in too much light? Maybe they don't feel secure enough in there to lay?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Blue Wyandotte is 36 weeks, the Sussex is 24 weeks, the Black Australorp is 27 weeks, and the Cochin is 22 weeks. I have had them since July, and they seem happy otherwise. They like to free range every day in the yard, and they are comfortable around people and our boxer dog (in fact, the Cochin pecked the dog the other day thinking her toe nails were a treat.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Is it true that I might not see an egg until spring because the days are starting to get shorter?

2. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    My Australorp didn't lay her first egg until 28 weeks. And my Dominiques were 26and 27 weeks. In the picture of your Australorp- not sure how many weeks she was when it was taken, but I think her comb and wattles have to get redder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by