No eggs from brown leghorn

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Vedwards, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Vedwards

Vedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    How long does it take for brown leghorns to lay? Mine is seven months old and hasnt even shown any signs. I have a white leghorn that started laying a long time ago.

2. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    That is wierd for a Leghorn. She seems healthy?

3. Vedwards

Apr 13, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Quote:Yes she is healthy. She was hatched on April 25 of this year. I thought she should have been laying by now. Im still waiting on her and my welsummer. My BR, RIR, and White Leghorn are already laying. They are all the same age. I know the welsummer is probably going to take awhile.

4. cabot

cabot Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm still waiting on my Welsummer too: april 12 hatch....

5. chicken garden lady

chicken garden lady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2010
    I'm still waiting on my wellsummer too. I got her as day-old on April 14th. She is at the bottom of the pecking order in a small mixed flock. One of the other girls likes to peck her tail feathers. I wonder if replacing tail feathers has slowed her down. She's a very pretty bird. She is the last of the six new girls to lay. She looks ready to lay and has become more friendly to me including squatting. My buff orp. just started on Saturday! Very fun. Good luck with your girls!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Very unusual for a leghorn, all of mine have laid at 5 months or shortly thereafter. Has "she" started crowing yet? [​IMG]

7. Vedwards

Apr 13, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Quote:My welsummer is at the bottom of the pecking order too. I get so tired of her getting picked on.

8. Vedwards

Apr 13, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Quote:No she hasnt started crowing yet, but here is some pics of her. Does she look like a rooster? She's in the front on the second pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Yours looks a lot like my Willow who just laid her first egg today! She's around 24 weeks old. She looked like she was gonna lay *forever* but just finally gave her first egg. But, she's been molting this fall, so I figured that was it. Has yours been molting?

10. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    looks just like mine who is not laying yet either. but mine is a july hatch so not expecting much till jan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by