No Eggs Hatching!!!!!!!!!!Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rsleghornchicki, Feb 3, 2012.

1. NONE!! WHAT DID I DO?

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. 100% hatch!!!!!!!

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Few hatched fewer lived

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. all hatched all died

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1-3 hatched and lived

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. I set eggs to hath on Groundhog's day and they did not hatch! We cracked em after 3 days and 2 were infertile and one had a breathing chick inside. I sreamed and mom threw the baby away. Now 2 more eggs were due today and they are not hatching, or pipping or rocking or moving or making a sound! The temp went down alot and one day the water was gone totally. Did i just kill my first hatch?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    when was groundhogs day, nevermind i looked at the hatching thread....ummm you should never crack any eggs open until at least 5 days after their due date. with you opening the incubator and not candling before you cracked the eggs and not waiting till at least 5 days after due date plus the humidity drop durring lockdown, i'm sorry but chances are slim that the others wont hatch as well but you should still give them at least 5 days after today before cracking them open.

being your first time:

what was your humidity at during days 1-18?
    what has your temp been throughout incubation?
    what was your humidity during lockdown?

i will try and give you some advice a bit later as i am on my 3rd hatch. my 1st hatch out of 9 developed chicks ony 2 hatched. the chicks were way to wet and drowned, now these were shipped eggs. out of the developed ones from my hens all 4 hatched so i had a total of 6 chicks my 1st ever hatch. my 2nd hatch i had all 5 of my fertile eggs hatch. 3rd hatch i'm hoping for at least 9 out of 11 as my incubator got turned off and 2 look like they didnt make through that temp drop ( got down to 88)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    yesterday

4. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    You should wait until 21 or later. Don't worry.

5. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Leave the eggs alone. They could still hatch easily at 23-24 days, especially since you had a temperature drop. That could have slowed down your hatch. Your best bet is hands off for a couple of more days.

Deb

6. Thanks I now it not good buti have given up on these guys[​IMG]i feel terible because of what i did.

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    just leave the eggs in there is still a chance they can hatch

8. Now i feel like a dork saying that! I will not give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!111[​IMG]

9. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    ok when we used the still air lg we had really bad hatches...got a new hovabator and using the lg for a hatcher. I had some temp fluctuations too but we had a great hatch. Don't give up and you will learn as you go especially on here. Here is a video of our hatch you can do it too!!!! It shows our incubators and we have nothing fancy at all. I had to help a couple of ours along....if you open one again and the chick is breathing just gently set it back in the bator....it can still make it. I had one of these today that I opened this morning and the chick was upside down beak at bottom and had broken inner membrane on the bottom instead of the top of the egg. Guess what we helped it to turn and gently piece by piece removed shell until it was halfway gone and the chick is doing great. Sometime weird things happen but you learn from each experience. Don't be hard on yourself if you don't have success this time. Try again using what you have learned and the hatches get easier the more you know!!!!

10. Thanks and you and my mom must be identicle twins with the same minds or something because that is exactly what she said i will also try to be patient

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by