No eggs now??

chickenwoods

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
**||OKLAHOMA||**
My hens have laid 6 eggs so far..I would get one or two from them every other day..Now this is the 3rd morning without eggs? What happend, is this normal for new laying hens..
sad.png

They usually laid before 7:30 am..but is 9:45am now and still no eggs this morn'...

I read in another post that it takes a while for them to get into a regular cycle? My 28 have only laid a combined total of one - 3days ago !!!

It takes a week or two for them to get started good. Also hens are on differant cycles. Most hens l've had lay an egg every 26 hours or so. Some hens may have a faster cycle, some hens have a slower cycle.

I agree. I wouldn't worry yet. They just take a little time for them to get on a regualar scheduel.

However let us know if they don't lay again. It is possible something else is going on. I would think you will get an egg soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 3 laying hens from a woman in my town that posted an ad in the paper. I picked them up last saturday. I've only had 3 eggs from them during the past week. Two of the three had been stepped on and broken (I was very sad about this). I've been told it's because of the weather change and they are also getting used to their new home. I hope they pick up production soon.

:/Alright still no eggs,I was getting them every otherday..now nothing,,, Did anyone else experience this sort of thing when thier hens first started... I have noticed some of my hens faces turning more pink,rather than it being rosie like it was....
sad.png
Can you raise a hen badly enough so she wont lay??
I dont think i've raised em bad..Always had food,water,fresh straw for them to scratch around in..

I think their not used to hot weather and won't lay till fall. Thats wat allways happens to me espesially cause I live in South Arizona. So don't worrie till fall comes and it gaet cooler

Could they be laying somewhere else? I know mine had a hidden nest. I noticed that i was getting 2 eggs instead of 3 and within a week i wasnt getting any. We finally found it, it had 22 eggs in it!!! I am now very diligent in making sure that they lay in the house. I even bought wooden eggs.
Kristyne

I have looked all over,my barn is only 15x20..I went out this evening to look for eggs and pet my hens,and thier faces were rose red!! my hopes got up..lol ,,when i reached for my red she squated down and put her rear end in the air!
lol.png
!LOL,I hope theyll start laying agian..

In the mornings i open thier door to thier barn and put up a big piece of chicken wire to keep them in,Does the sun get them to start laying in the morning do they not lay as good on cloudy days?

Back
Top Bottom