No eggs yet but getting close?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by eleanorkay, Sep 27, 2010.

1. eleanorkay

eleanorkay Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    Big Rapids, MI
    My two mille fleur bantams are making the most curious sound.. they are now 26 weeks old and haven't laid an egg yet. This evening when I was out by the coop and they were free ranging, they would make a sound almost like a cat meow and then let out a sound like "ouch". I've never heard this before. Do you think they're trying to lay an egg? or just making new sounds? or wishful thinking?

2. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    My SLW started making a different sound right before she started laying. It was almost a muttering under her breath.....bwaaaaak buk-buk. I had never heard her make that sound before but now she makes it all the time. It shouldn't be long now.[​IMG]

3. eleanorkay

May 11, 2010
    Big Rapids, MI
    Quote:Thanks I hope so:weee

4. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA

x2, my Brahma is really close I think. Squatting, nesting, and she has been VERY talkative these last few days. I sit and just let her gripe because it sounds like she is moaning and complaining about all the wrongs in the world. Her talking is very critical like PMS talk ya know? [​IMG]

5. eleanorkay

May 11, 2010
    Big Rapids, MI
    [​IMG]

x2, my Brahma is really close I think. Squatting, nesting, and she has been VERY talkative these last few days. I sit and just let her gripe because it sounds like she is moaning and complaining about all the wrongs in the world. Her talking is very critical like PMS talk ya know? [​IMG]

you are right on...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by